Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Messages from you

I would like to share with you all some of the many wonderful e-mails that I received during the petition sign up. And I would like to remind you that I am just keeping track of your own efforts to protect our environment. My special thanks go to Valerie, Stephen, Toby, Dionigi, Laura, Ellen and Edward. Thank you!

*I'd be pleased to be added to the list of your supporters. Thanks for your hard work protecting what's left of our beautiful, old trees.

*Please add my name as a supporter of the proposed ordinance to require no net tree removal in Verona, I am sad to think of the huge number of trees that are lost due to homes and apartment building in the hilltop, however I’d like to think that this may help force replacement with even more than are already planned for.

*Please add me as a supporter of your petition.
Good luck! This place is gonna look like hell if we don't do something soon!

*Many thanks for your leadership on this issue...one of my concerns/questions has always been: Do homeowners have the right to say "no, I don't want township trees in front of my house?" I hope the answer is that they don't have that right since it's public property and it's about what's best for the community, not the individual homeowner. However, I'm fairly certain that they do. I think that's one of the reasons why so many spots look so bare.

*Your efforts are appreciated by all who live in, work in or just travel through Verona. I was on the Environmental Commission for many years and am troubled that we are fighting the same battles year in and year out.
Keep up the great work. You have my support.

*That is sooo lame to take down all those trees on the beautiful street. We live on the other side of town and when Verona had to redo all the bridges over the stream they tore down about 6 huge trees on our property. We had to fight them for about a year but finally they did give in and we planted some 10 - 12 foot trees on the edge of our property. I'll sign the petition if you need support.

*Very nice job last night. Let's make sure that the council and the town manager follow up as they promised, and give us all more information at the council meeting on July 20th.

*You did a great job last night with taking care of the petition, and also your heartfelt comments. I'm sure it will have a major impact.

*I absolutely agree that we need a town ordinance before cutting down healthy trees in town. Please accept this email as my signature to the attached petition.

*Yes, I want to save trees.

*Trees Please!

*Gladly will add our names to the "Tree Petition"!

*They are doing construction on my street next, Beechwood Rd. (and Oakridge). Wonder if same issues will arise. They invited residents on our street to the meeting tonight to discuss the construction plan and I think my husband is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment